Baked potatoes are probably my favorite starch to serve with dinner because each person can create their own with a variety of toppings, but sometimes eating or serving a large baked potato lacks a certain mouth watering flavor. These bite size morsels can’t compete with any regular baked potato because they are twice baked with cheesy goodness.
Ingredients (8 servings):
- 1 lb. small red potatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- Olive Oil
- Shredded Cheddar cheese to top
- 6 strips of bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 green onions, slices
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with tin foil. Wash and slice potatoes in half. Scoop out insides and place the insides in a pan, covering them with water. Cook until tender about 15 minutes.
2. In the mean time, place skins in oven on top of foil and cook 30 minutes.
3. Once the insides are tender, combine sour cream, butter, and potatoes in a medium bowl.
4. Fill skins with the sour cream mixture and top with Cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and green onion.