Target Acrylic Makeup Organizer/ World Market Jewelry Holder/ Target Green Mason Jars/ Ikea “Brush” Holder/ Vase/Home Goods Glass Cotton Ball Holder (Similar)/ Bath and Body Works Candles/ Target Vanity Mirror/ Target Hand Towels
Like most girls, a significant portion of everyday is spent in my bathroom. Like my bedroom, it’s important to me that I create a space that’s sort of my sanctuary if you will. A place filled with tranquility and organization so I always start my day off on the right foot.
Here are some of my tips and tricks on how to freshen up your bathroom…
1. Display real flowers. This isn’t always easy especially if you live in an apartment, but if you have the time to put in a little extra effort and bring the outdoors indoors, it can make a huge impact on the decor of your room and can bring to life any space.
2. Keep fresh towels on hand. This is mainly for guests, but it’s nice to prep the space you spend so much time in with items that won’t cause stress in the morning. Making sure you are stocked up on all the necessities like soap, toothpaste, and fresh towels are simple tricks to create a more relaxing space.
3. Personalize your space. Hanging artwork, framing a family picture, or displaying a monogrammed set of hand towels can really add something to your space and make it that much more inviting.
4. Integrate storage. Since my bathroom is pretty small, we had to be smart about which storage pieces to incorporate into the space. We stuck with white and cream as to bring more light in seeing that there’s only one window. Utilizing the wall space is always a must when working with limited space. Hanging shelves or a leaning wall case(like this one) are great ways to add in more necessary storage.
5. Update hardware and decorate the walls. Knobs and handles play a big part into the style and functionality of cabinetry. They can completely update and change the look of what seems like a dull piece. Pay attention to the little touches you can make to furniture that made a big impact. Installing wainscoting is also a touch that can open up your bathroom(especially if you are working with limited space). The crisp white wainscoting against our tub really provides contrast to the subtle light yellow walls against the claw foot tub.